St. Gabriel's Hospital, a part of Catholic Health Initiatives, has been providing quality healthcare to the Little Falls area since 1892. Their commitment to continuing excellent care has resulted in the construction of a three-story, 90,000 square foot state-of-the-art expansion and renovation that will continue to serve the needs of the community.
The expansion replaced all of the patient care areas including the emergency and radiology departments. There are also two new operating rooms with adjacent PACU and complete same-day services department. Three labor/deliver/recovery units, six intensive care units and 19 medical/surgical beds have been added as well. A contemporary rehabilitation services department is located on the first floor of the new building and includes physical, occupational, speech and cardiac rehabilitation and therapy. The renovated laboratory includes diagnostics for x-rays, CT scans, MRIs, and nuclear medicine.
Mortenson was the general contractor for this project and self-performed the concrete, carpentry, demolition, and some masonry work. BIM services were provided to mitigate challenges in above-ceiling MEP coordination. Involvement of the local subcontracting community was important for this project and Mortenson took an active role in ensuring opportunities for the surrounding community. The project had an outstanding safety record - zero recordable incidents on the project.