MWESB & SDVOSB TRADE PARTNERS
An industry leader in promoting a diverse workforce, we’re committed to involving Minority, Women, Emerging, Small Businesses (MWESB) and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB) on our projects. Our recognition has been earned by not simply “checking the box.” For our customers who share these values, we develop a Community Participation Plan for your project, aimed at maximizing participation. We work hard to ensure all targeted businesses/participants have a successful experience, which benefits their organization for further opportunities.
Our initiatives for maximizing MWESB & SDVOSB participation include tactics such as:
- Structuring bid packages to allow for maximum participation by local women and minority-owned businesses.
- Collaborating with women and minority business organizations to identify firms for participation on the project.
- Ascertaining capacity and capability of local marketplace.
- Establishing aggressive goals consistent with the availability of MWESB & SDVOSB firms in the marketplace.
- Facilitating partnerships among majority-owned firms and MWESB & SDVOSBs.
- Sending bid alert announcements to MWESB & SDVOSB contractor organizations regularly.
If you are a small disadvantaged business and want more information on working with Mortenson or want to set up a one-on-one meeting, contact Lindsay Verdugo, Community Affairs Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org