At Mortenson, we simply could not accomplish our purpose of "Building structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society" or our mission "To create an exceptional customer experience" without our valuable trade partners. These partners are the backbone of our business's success, and 17 years ago, we established the STAR Awards to honor their remarkable contributions to our projects and our communities.
Throughout the year, we have the privilege of collaborating with a diverse group of partners on our projects. These partners distinguish themselves by going the extra mile for their team members and our projects. At Mortenson, we strongly believe in recognizing and celebrating outstanding work. That's why we encourage our team members to acknowledge the exceptional efforts of our trade partners by nominating them for a STAR Award.
This year's STAR Awards took place on Wednesday, October 11, 2023, at the beautiful Mile High Station in Denver. The event was a huge success, with representation from 37 different companies among the finalists and winners. Attendees not only celebrated the achievements of their peers, but we also enjoyed delicious food, drinks, and great conversation with fellow industry professionals.
Our heartfelt thanks goes out to everyone who joined us for this event! Below, you'll find the complete list of award categories and their respective winners.
We take immense pride at Mortenson in partnering with companies and individuals who share our commitment to redefining possible. Here’s to many more years of close partnerships and successful projects!
- Sierra Rebar, LLC - Winner of the Safety Award for their work on Saint Anthony North Hospital Tower Expansion and Molson Coors Truck Dock
- Maxim Crane Works - Winner of the Preconstruction Award for collaboration with the Estimating Team on the Saint Anthony North Hospital Tower Expansion, Denver Broncos Scoreboard Enhancement and Team Store, and Box Elder projects
- Shambaugh & Son, L.P. - Winner of the Quality Award for their work on Dollar General at HighPoint
- Territory Unlimited, Inc. - Winner of the Small Business Award for their work on Box Elder
- Justin Montgomery (Montgomery Electric, Inc.) - Co-winner of the Project Manager Award for his work on 3083 Walnut
- Lane Morgese (Encore Electric, Inc.) - Co-winner of the Project Manager Award for his work on the Denver Broncos Scoreboard Enhancement and Team Store
- Keith McLure (LPR Construction) - Co-winner of the Superintendent Award for his work on the Denver Broncos Scoreboard Enhancement and Team Store
- Tucker Frost (MTech Mechanical) - Co-winner of the Superintendent Award for his work on Saint Anthony North Hospital Tower Expansion
- KL&A Engineers and Builders - Winner of the Design Partner Award for their work at HighPoint and 76 Commerce Center projects
- Environmental Demolition Inc. - Winner of the Overall Partner Award for their work on Saint Anthony North Hospital Tower Expansion and Molson Coors Truck Dock