PHOENIX – Set to open to guests later in September 2021, the Hyatt Place Phoenix Downtown is quickly nearing its public debut. The hotel recently received its Certificate of Occupancy from the City of Phoenix a week ahead of schedule, and a month in advance of officially opening its doors.
Despite challenging market conditions and circumstances throughout 2020, Mortenson broke ground on the 238-key hotel in March 2020. Together with Pacific Hospitality Group, the project has been delivered on-budget and on-schedule. In addition, Mortenson and their trade partners have worked nearly 450 days without any recordable injuries.
“We are thrilled to reach this milestone with the new Hyatt Place Phoenix Downtown. Our team is putting the finishing touches on this amazing property and will have it ready to welcome guests in the coming weeks,” said Melanie Morehart, director of operations for Mortenson. "It’s been a challenging time to bring a new hospitality project to the market and it was achieved through true collaboration and resiliency across our team, our trade partners and our partners at Pacific Hospitality Group, the City of Phoenix and Downtown Phoenix Partnership."
Located at the corner of Adams St. and 2nd Ave., the new eight-story hotel is a modern and intuitively designed hotel for the leisure and business traveler and will offer a full-service restaurant, 24-hour dining, 24-hour fitness and is surrounded by a vibrant neighborhood.
“Hyatt Place Phoenix Downtown is an ideal location and product for our world-class city, with the Orpheum Theater and Phoenix Convention Center steps away," said David Belk, area general manager for Pacific Hospitality Group. "The vibrancy of the local area and what used to be known as theatre row is an exciting backdrop for us to build a prime destination for visitors to Phoenix."
"We are excited to work with both Hyatt and Mortenson on this hotel," said Garrett Busch, vice president of capital markets for Pacific Hospitality Group. "This opportunity is particularly meaningful to us as it is our second property in the greater Phoenix area and is in an opportunity zone, which allows us to be part of this area's revitalization."
“This is our second hospitality offering in downtown Phoenix and we are delighted to see both business and leisure travel picking back up,” said George Forristall, director of real estate development for Mortenson. “We look forward to continuing to partner with Pacific Hospitality Group and we are confident in the increased traction across several markets throughout the Valley.”
Hyatt Place Phoenix Downtown is owned and managed by Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG) out of Irvine, California and was built and developed in partnership with Mortenson, a real estate and development company. Allen+Philp Partners is the designer. Hyatt Place Phoenix/Downtown will offer:
- 238 spacious guest rooms including seven suites, each with separate spaces to sleep, work and play.
- Breakfast Bar featuring hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and more
- The Market serving freshly prepared grab and go meals and featuring specialty coffees
- Adams Table Patio & Bar delivering an energetic eatery bringing a desert chic ambiance with hints of southwest and art deco. The menu will feature modern American fare with a Southwest influence including pre-prohibition style cocktails and a premium wine selection.
- Necessities program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guest rooms
- Event Spaces offering 6,348 square feet of flexible space in addition to 3,113 square foot Revival Ballroom where guests can plan a more intimate function in one of their three tech-ready private rooms
- Fitness Center featuring cardio and strength equipment