Mortenson led this $41 million modernization at Harper College, including constructing a two-story, 10,000 square foot addition to the 130,000 square foot building, which has upgraded the space for Harper athletes, students, faculty, staff, and the local community.
By stripping the interior to the studs, Mortenson converted underused spaces into fitness and exercise rooms, six classrooms, and team training and competition areas, including a new dedicated wrestling room and sports medicine facilities with a hydrotherapy bath.
Additional improvements include:
- Installing an elevated running and walking track, plus new lighting, scoreboards, remote-controlled curtains to separate courts, and bleachers in the gym
- Updating the pool and swimming area with new tile, decks, filtration system, lights, and bleachers for attendees of water polo events and a nearby classroom for lifeguard training and another room for pool birthday parties
- Expanding and remodeling locker rooms for athletes, visiting teams, coaches, and the public
- Renovating offices for the athletic department and staff
- Adding a lower-level entrance/exit for athletes to nearby playing fields
Facts And Figures
Completion Date: August 2018
Construction Cost: $41,000,000