An industry leader in promoting a diverse workforce, we're committed to involving small-, women-, and minority-owned business enterprises (SWMBE) on our projects. Our recognition has been earned by not simply “checking the box.” For our customers who share these values, we develop a Community Participation Plan for your project, aimed at maximizing participation. We work hard to ensure all targeted businesses/participants have a successful experience, which benefits their organization for further opportunities.
Women and Minority-Owned Business Participation: Track Record of Success
These projects provide only a snapshot of our history of success.
Our initiatives for maximizing SMWBE participation include tactics such as:
– Structuring bid packages to allow for maximum participation by local women and minority-owned businesses.
– Collaborating with women and minority business organizations to identify firms for participation on the project.
– Ascertaining capacity and capability of local marketplace.
– Establishing aggressive goals consistent with the availability of MBE / WBE firms in the marketplace.
– Facilitating partnerships among majority-owned firms and MBE / WBEs.
– Sending bid alert announcements to MBE / WBE contractor organizations regularly.
For more information, please discuss your goals with your Mortenson contact today.