Assistant Project Manager
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you have the aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise? Are you able to problem solve and generate creative solutions?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Project Manager to partner with the project manager from bid preparation through final client acceptance. You will also lead, coach, and mentor project team members. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
What will you be doing?
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus, and strong communication are critical in performing duties which may include:
Perform cost control and financial management
- Work with Preconstruction on project estimate and schedule
- Coordinate scopes of work
- Review and compile pay applications, change requests, and other project financial documentation
Partner with the Project Manager or Construction Executive
- Draft client proposals
- Contract administration and management
- Award subcontracts
Provide direction to the project team for safe and timely project completion
- Act as liaison for project engineers, mentor and coach others
- Provide job assignments and lead career development
- Direct responsibilities and guide Field Engineer(s) and Project Engineer(s)
Lead subcontractors and suppliers for the project
- Supervise budget and make recommendations for subcontractors and trade partners
- Lead project buyout with subcontractors and trade partners
- Facilitate and lead meetings between subcontractors related to project coordination
Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Perform on-site Project Manager duties on small scope projects
- Implement a quality plan that ensures the customer’s specified performance criteria in design and construction
How do you succeed?
- Demonstrate ability to assist with all responsibilities for complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and handle multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Minimum five years of related previous experience
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent experience
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.