Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
What are you waiting for?!
Join the team committed to crafting inspiring spaces and developing new ways to build. Mortenson is currently seeking dynamic and motivated individuals with the ability to work well with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, inventive, proactive, and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Joining us a Field Engineer, you will support and complete the full cycle of field coordination issues with team members, subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers.
Organization, flexibility, extraordinary customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include:
Providing pre-construction support
- Lead the submittal and request for information (RFI) processes for specific definable features of work (DFW), utilizing PMA and other Project Connect programs completely to closure
- Evaluate project design and engineering documents, handling their organization and distribution to necessary parties
- Perform project-specific tasks in preparation of Pre-Mobilization Kickoff meetings
- Compile, contact, and arrange for short-form subcontracts with local entities at the project site
- Assist in drafting subcontracts and purchase agreements
Leading all aspects necessary for construction support
- Manage the quality assurance and quality control process as delineated in the Project Quality Plan
- Coordinate DFW prep meetings, initial inspections, follow-up inspections, and punch list final inspections
- Handle mechanical, electrical, and plumbing coordination drawings, shop, and as-built drawings
- Coordinate creation of lift and formwork drawings
Administering closeout processes
- Compile turnover documentation for specific DFW and transfer to customer per the project specific quality and TSO plan
- Assist Project Engineer and Project Manager with getting contract documents closed out with subcontractors and suppliers
- Support the final inspections and punch list process with the customer for specific DFW responsibilities
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Participation in project safety audits and championing Mortenson’s Zero Injury Safety Program
New hires may be placed in one of the following businesses / industries (Bolded groups are the industries with the highest needs):
- Chicago Office
- Civil Operating Group
- Battery Storage
- Data Center Group
- Denver Office
- Energy Storage and Solutions
- Federal Contracting Group
- Milwaukee Office
- Minneapolis Office
- Nashville Office
- Phoenix Office
- Portland Office
- Power Distribution
- Salt Lake City Office
- Seattle Office
- Solar and Emerging Renewables Group
- Sports and Entertainment Group
- Washington D.C. Office
- Wind Energy Group
Get ready to join an exciting and ever-changing industry and work with best-in-class teams to deliver the highest possible quality service to our customers. It is likely and anticipated for Mortenson team members to participate on traveling project assignments throughout their careers. Placement with one of our teams will be provided based on the overall needs of the organization. Depending upon the business / industry, frequent mobility may be required. We are currently seeking individuals to join us in 2024.
Build your career with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Will possess a bachelor’s degree in Construction or Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field by summer 2024
- Possess the right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Are willing to be mobile / relocate frequently, for project assignments, based on needs of the business
- Possess a current driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation
You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have previous related internship experience
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Have a basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills and show initiative and leadership
- Showcase a positive and professional attitude and exemplary customer service skills
- Are detail-oriented, organized, and can effectively handle multiple
The base compensation range for this role is $70,200-$87,800. This position is eligible for a potential annual bonus. Base pay is positioned within the range based on several factors including an individual’s knowledge, skill and experience with consideration given to internal equity.
Mortenson provides a comprehensive benefit program to team members and their families to support their health, build long term financial security and provide the opportunity for work and life balance.
Benefits offered to non-craft, non-union, full-time team members include:
- Medical and prescription drug plans – choice between two affordable HSA-eligible medical plans that include vision coverage, expert medical second opinion, tobacco cessation program and fertility benefits
- Dental plan
- 401k retirement plan with generous matching and profit-sharing contributions
- Paid time off, holidays, bereavement, parental leave and other paid leaves
- Life, AD&D, business travel accident and disability insurance
- Employee assistance program and online mental health tool and concierge
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Gym Membership Discount Program
- Identity Theft Protection
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. H-1B lottery registration submission and completion of the STEM OPT I-983 training plan are considered sponsorship.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.