Community Affairs Manager
Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002...
...What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
The Community Affairs Manager is responsible for successfully executing community participation plans to maximize opportunities for small, women, minority and other targeted groups and workers on projects. This role will strategically build relationships with small businesses, subcontractors, contractor and community based organizations from a group or region perspective.
What will you be doing?
- Represent Mortenson in community organizations and help maintain a positive profile in the community
- Drive engagement of project teams in one group or region in the development and implementation of community participation programs and activities, including:
- Supplier diversity
- Community engagement
- Workforce development
- Develop relationships with regulatory agencies and compliance officers:
- Direct the preparation and submission of regulatory agency applications, reports, or correspondence
- Review all regulatory agency submission materials to ensure timeliness, accuracy, comprehensiveness, and compliance with regulatory standards
- Identify organizations with opportunities to collaborate
- Establish relationships with small, women and minority businesses, contractor and community-based organizations
- Analyze information including participation in the community and research on trends, laws, issues, and concerns, identify trends, and share action plans to further with Mortenson's Community Affairs efforts
- Attend and host community events and meetings
- Provide project and program level support to Director of Community Affairs to meet all community affairs efforts
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
How will you succeed?
- Minimum five years’ experience in Community Affairs
- Minimum three years’ experience tracking and reporting community participation and managing community events
- Previous experience interacting with company and community leaders
- Previous experience in construction and contracting
- Ability to interact with a diverse population and build relationships quickly
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects with varying deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- Strong cross-cultural relationship building and influencing at all organizational level
- Proven track record of including diverse team members when assigning challenging and high-profile tasks
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity, inclusive behaviors, and Affirmative Action plans and their intended use
- Preferred ability to influence without authority
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations or equivalent field
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
**Visa Sponsorship not available for this position**