Senior Safety Engineer - Solar Group
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an extraordinary customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Are you detail-oriented and organized? Do you love collaborating and working with a team?
Mortenson is currently seeking a passionate Senior Safety Engineer to implement Mortenson's Zero Injury Safety program across multiple sites. You will ensure the program creates a safe work environment for team members, subcontractors, and visitors to the construction site. You should possess the ability to interact with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Demonstrating the capability to be flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality will be vital for success.
What will you be doing?
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties, which includes, but is not limited to:
Implement and administer a safety program at each worksite
- Assist project management team in developing site specific safety program and activities
- Formulate, coordinate and conduct safety orientation and training programs
- Document and track all safety violations, unsafe conditions, etc.
- Conduct safety work area audits
- Conduct project’s loss control data/document collection and trend analyses
- Assist with major incident analysis
- Record, monitor, and analyze Safety, Injury and Hazard statistics
- Lead OSHA reporting and posting requirements
- Monitor and review subcontractor activities for safety concerns
- Review Safety Submittals and attend preconstruction and preparatory meetings with subcontractors
- Lead Return to Work and Modified duty assignments
Provide resource of safety related information
- Evaluate and offer solutions for industrial hygiene concerns
- Maintain operational knowledge of construction safety, OSHA, ANSI, and other applicable standards and procedures
Serve as resource for safety issues or concerns for all project team members/management
- Attend and/or chair safety meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Work with client safety personnel, union representatives, insurance risk engineers, etc.
- Accompany safety, health, insurance and OSHA personnel on work-site tours
- Ensure maintenance and inspection of safety equipment and protective wear
How will you succeed?
- Minimum six years of relevant experience
- Experience overseeing large self-perform projects
- Show detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Display ability to work in Microsoft Office and pertinent safety related software programs
- Demonstrate a positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies to team members and outside parties
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills
- Current driver’s license
- Travel /rotation schedule - project site
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, occupational health, or equivalent plus a minimum of seven years of construction safety experience or a high school diploma, CHST Certification, OSHA 500 and a minimum of 10 years of continuous construction experience leading crews and planning work, to include at least 6 years as a dedicated construction safety professional responsible for managing project safety programs, conducting / reviewing hazard analyses and developing controls, conducting safety training, and planning work activities or equivalent experience in a relevant field. Experience must include providing support to multiple project sites simultaneously.
- CSP preferred
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.