Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Join a company that believes in collaboration. Our values are we before me, do the right thing when no one is looking and inspire what's possible. If you know how to develop others and can coach them in their career and you know how to develop others, we are interested in you joining the solar team!
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Senior Superintendent with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise; along with the capability to creatively problem solve and bring together viable solutions. The Senior Superintendent will be responsible for providing coordination of project site work activities and supervision of on-site work team for multiple construction projects or large, complex construction project.
You should be organized, flexible, and provide outstanding customer focus and strong communication. These are critical traits in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Overall management of solar construction activities and task assignments
- Interface with other departments to ensure all required materials, equipment and inspections support the project schedule
As you work with Project Manager(s) to budget, forecast, and manage craft labor, equipment, materials, small tools, consumables, and general working environment including:
- Review construction documents for completeness and constructability. Create, review and update project schedule and three week look ahead scheduling
- Coordinate plans and specifications with engineers, identifying and clarifying any discrepancies. Develop and implement site utilization plan and establish crew sizes
- Select formwork systems and equipment while conducting effective pre-construction planning sessions and project site meetings
Oversight and supervision of solar work crews
- Coach, mentor and train field personnel, foremen, and assistant superintendents
- Establish and nurture teamwork environment
- Ensure crews have resources and support
- Provide work direction and performance evaluations
- Identity hiring needs and participate in hiring, performance management, and dismissal decisions
- Develop leadership potential through appropriate task assignments and career growth opportunities
- Implement Mortenson’s Zero Injury Safety Program at project site
- Manage open shop and union issues
Meet electrical superintendent Sheldon Lincoln on our solar team
Read what it's like to be an electrical superintendent on the solar team. Sheldon's a mentor and teacher at heart. Find out what makes Mortenson, and his role, a perfect fit.
- Minimum 15 years of construction experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in a supervisory role
- Experience overseeing self-perform projects with large self-perform crews.
- Solar experience a plus, industrial and oil and gas experience also a plus with self-perform experience and large crews.
- Current driver’s license
- Proven ability to fulfill all responsibilities for multiple, complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office skills at an intermediate level
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or 10 years trade experience
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.