April 23, 2019
Rachel Bartling, AIA, LEED, AP and Dennis Jordan, MBA presented findings from the 2018 Mortenson Health Care Study at the ASHE Region 6 Conference on April 18th in Rochester, Minnesota. Entitled ‘Are You Prepared for Disruption?’, over 200 attendees learned what their peers are saying in relation to industry challenges, trends in care delivery, energy efficiency, facility investment, and alternative project delivery methods. Healthcare facilities are expected to spend over $28.5 billion in construction in 2019, up 6.4% from 2018 (Dodge Analytics).
Key take-aways from the study include:
- 83% of healthcare providers believe that patients have increased their willingness to shop around for low cost care options.
- 85% of healthcare providers believe that most patients don't require in person evaluations, up from 49% in 2015.
- 40% of healthcare providers and architects believe that virtual/telemedicine/self-service treatments will be typical care delivery in 10 years.
- 97% agree/strongly agree that waste and energy reduction opportunities exist in healthcare facilities.
- 47% would most like to utilize Design-Build as the preferred delivery method.
Click here to download the 2018 Mortenson Health Care Study.