Mortenson, a U.S.-based, top-20 developer, builder, and engineering services provider, today released its 2022 corporate social responsibility (CSR) report Building for the Greater Good. The annual report highlights and celebrates the impacts Mortenson has made regarding its CSR commitments throughout its business in the last year. A family-owned company, Mortenson has been focused on making a positive social and environmental impact in the communities it serves since the company’s founding nearly seven decades ago.
“While our business and the world around us continues to evolve, the core of who we are and what we do has never changed. ‘Building for the Greater Good,’ our corporate social responsibility program, is about ensuring we leave people, our planet, and the community in a better condition than how we found them, while making positive impacts in the world both today and for generations to come,” said John Ohman, senior vice president, corporate strategy and development.
The annual CSR report details Mortenson’s efforts in each of its three priorities of People, Planet, Community – the areas of focus the company believes it can impact the most – and creates internal commitment to building for the greater good.
- Across its projects and teams, Mortenson is committed to helping communities and partners thrive economically; building a diverse workforce; cultivating a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI); and ensuring a safe workplace.
- Focused on meaningful engagement and reinvesting in the communities it serves, Mortenson has strengthened its commitment to minority- and women-owned construction businesses where its projects rise. In 2022 alone, the company awarded $962M to diverse businesses with committed contracts on active projects (Dec 2022).
- Serving as stewards of the planet and the communities it serves, Mortenson is focused on pioneering new ways to deliver clean, efficient, and reliable renewable energy and infrastructure; helping customers achieve their sustainability goals; and how to build better and support the health of the planet.
- Mortenson has nearly 20 projects that have signed the Contractor’s Commitment, a first for the industry, and they are working to measure water, waste and assess new ways for the company to reduce its carbon footprint. These projects are already diverting an average of 80% of their waste to recycling.
- Mortenson has a legacy of giving back. Not only does the company give 5% of its annual pre-tax earnings to charitable donations, but Mortenson team members also supported more than 1,150 organizations through volunteering or donating in 2022. Team members volunteered over 9,700 hours and donated more than $550,000 to charitable causes in 2022. Mortenson donated an additional $340,000 to charitable causes in 2022 through company match dollars.
- Leaning into social challenges, Mortenson team members are encouraged to follow their passions in the communities where they live and work through giving, volunteering, and community leadership with non-profit and charitable organizations nationally.
Mortenson is a U.S.-based, top-20 developer, builder and engineering services provider serving the commercial, institutional, and energy sectors. Mortenson’s expanding portfolio of integrated services helps its customers move their strategies forward, ensuring their investments result in high-performing assets. The result is a turnkey partner, fully invested in the business success of its customers. For additional information, visit www.mortenson.com.