SALT LAKE CITY
MWBE TRADE PARTNERS
Community Participation Program
Mortenson’s Community Participation Program is to embody our stewardship philosophy and is divided into two areas – MWBE trade partners participation and Workforce Development. We want to be stewards of the community in which we operate our business by having a focused, relationship-based, visibly active and sustained outreach to the community. Our outreach efforts are aimed to maximize opportunities by identifying, attracting, pre-qualifying and building and maintaining interest and enthusiasms for all Mortenson projects to the community as a whole.
Mortenson implements a standard 15% MWBE trade partners goal on all projects managed within the Salt Lake City Office.
Workforce Development is the second major part of our Community Participation Program. As stewards of the community in which we operate our business, it is essential that we make efforts to help build our workforce and its diversity by hiring minorities, women and veterans. Mortenson projects establish a Workforce utilization goal expressed as a percentage of the total work hours of minority, female and veteran utilization the subcontractor shall reasonably be able to achieve in each construction trade in which it has employees.
Our initiatives for maximizing MWBE trade partners participation include tactics such as:
- Structuring bid packages to allow for maximum participation by local women and minority-owned businesses.
- Collaborating with women and minority business organizations to identify firms for participation on the project.
- Ascertaining capacity and capability of the local marketplace.
- Establishing aggressive goals consistent with the availability of MWBE firms in the marketplace.
- Facilitating partnerships among majority-owned firms and MWBEs.
- Sending bid alert announcements to MWBE contractor organizations regularly.