The American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) has recognized U.S. Bank Stadium with a 2018 Innovative Design in Engineering and Architecture with Structural Steel (IDEAS2) Merit Award. The IDEAS2 Award is the highest honor bestowed on construction projects by the U.S. steel industry, celebrating excellence and innovation in the use of structural steel on building projects across the country. The U.S. Bank Stadium project team was presented with the award during the 2018 North American Steel Construction Conference.
U.S. Bank Stadium Steel Facts:
- The stadium contains 18,812 tons of structural steel
- Steel work began in July 2014 and was topped off 16 months later
- During the busiest period, as many as 18 cranes were on siteThe project included 39 major “picks,” the heaviest weighing 730,000 lbs
- The stadium’s roof contains 12,000 tons of steel
- The ridge truss that forms the peak of the roof is 998 feet long
To learn more about the construction of U.S. Bank Stadium, click here.