With over 20 years of commercial construction and real estate development experience, Phil currently serves as the Director of Operations for Mortenson’s Pacific Northwest office. He is passionate about digging deeper into customers' business needs, understanding the challenges they face today and driving toward the outcomes they need to achieve tomorrow. Never satisfied with the status-quo, Phil has been a champion of volumetric construction, delivering Seattle’s first modular hotel.
Customers value Phil's executive presence, steady leadership and ability to problem solve. One area he has particular interest in is partnering with them on their commercial development needs; whether it's site selection, jurisdictional incentive negotiations, financing or turn-key facility delivery, he enjoys being able to advance their growth plans while providing guaranteed delivery of schedule and cost.
Phil has partnered with clients in multiple industries, including the industrial, corporate office, water/wastewater, biomed, hospitality, residential and sports & entertainment market sectors.
- DSA – Policy Committee Member
- Urban Land Institute
- Modular Building Institute
- NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
Originally from Montana, Phil and his wife Nikki moved to Seattle (Northgate) in 1997 and currently live in Kenmore where they are raising their two daughters. They love exploring the Pacific Northwest and could not imagine a better place to raise their girls.
In the Media:
- “Seattle Construction Costs Expected to Moderate in 2020”The Registry Puget Sound Real Estate
- “Mortenson and citizenM Disrupt Hotel Construction Model”The Registry Puget Sound Real Estate
- “Here’s How a Modular Hotel Stacks Up in Seattle”Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce
- “Seattle Hotel Project Stacks Up With Structural Modular Design Construction”ENR Northwest
- “New Towers Create a Construction Tango in Downtown Seattle,”Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce
- “Going Beyond the Mock-Up with Virtual Reality”Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce
- “Seattle’s First Modular Hotel Receives Green Light from Design Review Board”The Registry Puget Sound Real Estate
- “Three Projects Putting A New Face on the Denny Triangle” Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce