Terra-Gen, LLC selected Mortenson as the full Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contractor for both the solar and energy storage scopes of the Edwards & Sanborn solar and energy storage project located in Kern County, California. The project consists of 875 megawatts of solar and 3,320 megawatt-hours of energy storage. It is currently the largest single solar and battery energy storage project to reach this milestone.
Site construction commenced in Q1 2021 with expected completion in 2023.
- Over 98 miles of MV Wire
- Over 361 miles of DC Wire
- Over 3k MWh of Battery Capacity at completion
- 120,720 batteries installed at completion
- Reached 890 craft team members on site
- 1.9+ Million solar panels installed
- 4,660 total acres of sustainable energy production
- Largest project of its kind in U.S. Air Force history
Facts And Figures
Edwards & Sanborn Solar + Storage
875 MWdc Solar
3,320 MWh Energy Storage
Completion Date: 2023